So today I spent a fair bit of time working with my father on the 240sx, while we had spent most of the time at Ralphs Pick N’ Pull we were able to get a lot of progress of the car and collected a lot of the parts needed to make it a good looking and properly functioning car.
today most of the work was on the interior of the car as we had picked up a lot of the missing interior panelings and the rear seats for the car, but befor we had left to go look to see if you could get the parts we found a problem with the engine that was causeing it to not idle and just die it you wernt reving it up. the intake manifold was not tightened down onto the head making a leak so after tightening it up the car started to not only sound better but it will now idle (still not very well though).
Pictures of the work we have done today.
replaced the driverside door panel.
Cleared out the trunk and intaled new seats, trim and carpet.
instaled a mirror control and a power port.
got the KA24E engine to idle and replaced the joint that conects the throttle body to the air box.
instaled the headlights (sorry i didnt get a picture of them instaled i will have one next post).
Now what I need to fix and what im working on .
painting the valve cover (Again no picture i will get one when i complete it).
An exhaust leak caused by a whole in the pipe just before the muffler.
replaceing the passenger sife front fender.
there is a lot more but the build has just begun so I will keep posting every night and have a sort of build log of my nissan 240sx.
This final inqury project i did this school year and i decided to make a video game. It started off well and i got a fair bit done but while I was learning how to use Unity i would run into things and then change them or remove them so i spent a lot of the time i would spend developing and ironing out bugs so i was unable to get the whole thing finished but i did get a playble character and I was able to get a fair (but small and incomplete) map. so it is playable just not finished
what have I done in the 20 hours of my current Inquiry.
During the 20 hours I have had to work on my arcade cabinet I have built most of the cabinet made plans for how it is going to be painted and also had a working model at the open house. The cabinet is still being built at the moment due to a lack of materials but as soon as I get them I will be able to finish the cabinet and then have a working M.A.M. ( multiple arcade machine ). the plans for the arcade are more delving into psychology as I will be studying how people react to it and also how people react when a part of the machine is changed.
some challenges that I have faced so far are Running out of wood as well as having a bunch of games stop working thirty seconds after swapping them back in to the system.
some problems i see that I may have in the future is theft and vandalism some way around this is cameras and a locked backpanel.
The consoles that I will have installed in the machine are:
an N64 running, golden eye, perfect dark, wave race and LoZ:oot
a PS2 running , ATV:of2/3, sly 2/3, crash nitro karts, and sonic mega collection
and hopefully a NES running duck hunt and Mario
Photos of current progress
This is a inquiry project that i started a week or so ago and I feel that thing are moving along nicely. The over build has been going strong and all bugs are now worked out. I will hopefully post a more in depth post about it but i just wanted to put out what I was working on. pictures will be posted soon.